Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pink On Her Breath


With tired clasps that bind,
Cries- of joy after of life,
Nurse Martha: Congrats again ma,
Smell of bosom and milk in cuddle warmth.

Silence-
I smell pink on her breath,
Voicing in language colors speak;
Bleakness unending from zero to death.

Dancing- when I smell pink on her breath,
With uniforms too big, and bowls too full,
She tells me the story of the pink in her breath,
Lingering smell I forever wish.

And then colorless spills and why's?-
Lipstick and white dress and stillness and tears,
Groups that gather; people with preacher,
Latin utterances, hymns of requiem.
And tumid eyes watch cottoned nose through salty barriers.

Crescent-shaped smile as gaze land on boxed mama,
Such mixed feelings; attempted pacification,
'Rest in peace Mama' my hearty orison.
Boundless affection-

I still smell pink on her no breath.


By Howard M-B Maximus

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE ESSENCE OF TEACHING

  An old man meets a young man who asks: “Do you remember me?” And the old man says no. Then the young man tells him he was his student, ...