Friday, February 20, 2015

The Things Mothers Taught Us

Mothers taught us LOGIC… "If you fall off that tree and break your neck, you can't go to the market with me."
Mothers taught us MEDICINE… "If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way."
Mothers taught us TO THINK AHEAD… "If you don’t pass your exams, you'll never get a good job!"
Mothers taught us TO MEET A CHALLENGE… "What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you… Don't talk back to me!"
Mothers taught us HUMOR… "When that cutlass cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
Mothers taught us how to BECOME AN ADULT… "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
Mothers taught us about GENETICS… "You are just like your father!"
Mothers taught us about our ROOTS… "Do you think you were born in a palace?"
Mothers taught us about the WISDOM of AGE… "When you get to be my age, you will understand."
Mothers taught us about ANTICIPATION… "Just wait until your father gets home."
Mothers taught us about CAUTION… "If you swallow that orange seed, an orange tree will grow on your head."
Mothers taught us about CAUSE and EFFECT... "If I slap you, you'll forget your last name."
And the all time favorite thing: JUSTICE… "One day you will have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you… then you’ll see what it's like."

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE ESSENCE OF TEACHING

  An old man meets a young man who asks: “Do you remember me?” And the old man says no. Then the young man tells him he was his student, ...